Prior to joining Avelino Law, Tom worked as an associate at several well-respected mid-size law firms in New Jersey, where he handled estate planning, trust and estate administrations, real estate, and litigation matters. Before entering private practice, Tom worked for the State of New Jersey, first as a Legal Specialist in the Office of the Commissioner of the Department of Children & Families, and then as Senior Counsel to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development’s Uninsured Employers’ Fund.
Tom attended Montclair State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies. He later earned his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law-Newark. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York.
Tom’s affiliations include:
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Scholarship Committee
- Board of Directors, Mental Health Association in Passaic County
- Board of Directors, National Football Foundation, Essex County Chapter
- Member, Clifton High School Athletic Hall of Fame Committee
- Member, Summit Downtowners’ Association
- Member, Summit Elks Lodge No. 1246
Tom is a frequent contributor to NJMoneyHelp.com, where he responds to reader inquiries on estate and tax-related topics. Tom has also been a freelance sportswriter for nearly two decades, covering high school sports for various media outlets throughout New Jersey.
Email Tom: email@example.com